- Comments: 0
- Posted by: admin
What is Dry Skin and How to Treat it-
Dry Skin is a typical skin condition caused by a lack of sufficient water in the most superficial layer of the skin.
Dry skin is the result of lack of water in the body. The most common symptom of dry skin is itching. Most of the people who have dry skin can find dry, rough, red patches on their skin, and most of the time, these patches are very itchy.
Some Symptoms and signs of a dry skin are-:
- Red patches
- Rough dry skin
Some of the most common dry skin areas are-
- the lower legs,
Here are some Home Remedies to Cure Dry Skin-
- First of all, stop using hot water to wash your face as this reduces the natural skin oils. Instead, start using lukewarm water to clean dry skin and use a good moisturize after the wash. This way, there are a less chances of your skin become cracked and dry. This is one of the best remedy for dry skin.
- Mix few drops of Almond oil in warm milk and use it on your skin at the time of going bed. This is a very effective home remedy to treat dry skin.
- Start eating dry fruits especially almonds as they help to retain moisture in the skin and regular intake may help in treating extremely dry skin.
- Glycerin is also an effective remedy to treat dry skin. Mix glycerin with rose water (ratio 1:3) and keep it in dry place and use it regularly on dry skin for a better result.
- Sesame oil is also a very effective remedy to treat dry skin. Just take some oil and rub it on the dry skin after the bath.
- In case of severe dry skin, use avocado oil. Avocado oil is highly effective in treating the extremely dry skin. You can also make a paste of avocadoes and use it on your dry skin to nourish the skin.
- Apple cider Vinegar is also a very effective remedy to treat dry skin. Use it on dry and itchy skin and you will find great result.
- Take lukewarm olive oil and gentle massage it on the affected area. Just leave it overnight and wash off the skin with lukewarm water in morning. This is one of the best and most effected remedy to cure dry skin.
- Coconut oil is very effective home remedy to treat dry skin.
- Poppy seeds (Khus Khus) is an natural remedy to treat rough and dry skin. Soak the Poppy seeds for overnight. Prepare a paste grinding them with milk and apply it on your face. You will get very quick results.
- In cold weather, mash a banana and add few drops of honey in it and mix well. Massage this paste on your dry skin for at least 10 minutes and leave it to dry. Once it gets dry just rinse it off and you will find a glowing, soothing skin.
- Make a paste of one teaspoon of milk cream (malai), a pinch of turmeric poweder and five to six drops of olive oil and spread it on your dry skin and let it dry. Wash after 15 minutes.
- Papaya is a very useful fruit for skin. This fruits is used in facial masks for dry skin. Just massage a mashed papaya on your face and it will remove the dead cells and exfoliate your skin making it more glowing and soft.
You can not rely on the external remedies. Just focus on the food you eat. You should eat the food rich in Vitamin A, B and E as deficiency of these vitamin lead to dry skin so include the food in your diet which are rich in these Vitamins.
Avoid drinking alcohol and the drinks which are high in content of coffee if you have dry skin because these can worse the condition
Avoid Soaps which have strong chemicals.
You should start drinking plenty of water when you see your skin is starting to get dry as this will keep your body hydrated. Drink plenty of juices and eat fruits high in fiber.
Use a good dry skin moisturizer and lotion.
Choose one of the above mentioned home remedies and stick to one which you think and feel is the best treat your dry skin.